Your Green Team wants you to know that you can drop your plastic bags off at participating grocery stores. In our area you can drop plastic off at these locations:
- ShopRite, 3140 E Main St
- Walmart, 3133 E Main St
- Kohls, 3008 E Main St
- ShopRite, 460 S. Riverside Ave
What can be recycled through Store Drop-Off?
- Certain flexible plastic packages can be recycled through Store Drop-Off locations. Look for the How2Recycle Store Drop-Off label on flexible plastics made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and low-density polyethylene (LDPE), including grocery and produce bags, bread bags, some plastic wraps, some plastic mailers, some cereal bags, and more.
- Most plastic bags, like grocery bags, produce bags, newspaper bags, zipper sandwich bags, and some cereal bags can be recycled through Store Drop-Off.
- Most stretchy plastic wraps, like the wrap around multi-packs of drink bottles, paper towels, or diapers can be recycled through Store Drop-Off.
- Plastic pouches and air pillows that carry the How2Recycle label can be recycled at Store Drop-Off.
Look for the poster on the Stewardship bulletin board for more information. You can also learn more at the How2Recyle website.