Adult Education and Sunday School began on September 26.
Bible “Study” is perhaps a misnomer in our church. Our Adult Ed, or Faith4Life programs, are about:
- Sharing our individual faith journeys with one another.
- Wrestling with life’s tough questions – e.g. “If God is a loving God, why do the innocent suffer?”
- Exploring what God is calling me, as a Christian, to be and do in the world?
- Studying the Bible and other challenging writings by great people of faith.
While our emphasis is on the Bible and other Christian writings, we also explore the wisdom of other faith traditions. We provide a safe place to bring our doubts and we challenge one another to grow. Although we may disagree with one another, we support one another in our search. We find affirmation in our search for the truth as we strive to “live the questions now.”
There are many opportunities to take part in our Faith4Life programs. Below are some of our “standard” times during the programmatic year (generally mid-September to mid-June); other studies may run for a few weeks at other times of the week.
- Tuesdays from 10-11:30AM
- Thursdays from 10-11:30AM
- Sundays from 9:15-10:15AM
- Women’s Circle, first Wednesday of the month from 10:30AM-Noon
ALL are welcome to attend any of these sessions! The Thursday study is set up that you can “pop in” when you can. The other study times cover a reading that is done beforehand, so a little prep is required before attending.
Please contact the church office if you would like more information about our Faith4Life program.
Our most recent adult education post is listed here. Other posts are listed below.
Mens’ Breakfast May 21
Join Chip in Fellowship Hall for a Mens’ Breakfast at 8am on Saturday.
If you would prefer to participate virtually, look for an email from Chip to join by Zoom.Recent topics are listed below, with previous topics available here.