Important Update, because of concerns about COVID-19
- We are holding our pantry distribution outside with a drive-through hands-free model for everyone’s safety
- All volunteers will wear gloves and masks
- We are suspending the full-choice (shopping) model until further notice. Clients will be offered an A, B or both bags, depending on family size
- Clients MUST wear a mask throughout the process
- Food will only be placed into car trunks, not inside the passenger section
- We are taking health precautions seriously.
While it is not optimal going back to bagged food offerings, we are very concerned for the health of our volunteers, clients and everyone who walks in the church’s hallways.
We are very grateful for Item of the Month food donations to fill gaps in our ability to offer balanced food choices to our clients. You can drop off items any time in the labeled bins near the red double doors at the back of the church building. You can also easily give electronically, and use the “Food Pantry Plus” line, or you can write “Food Pantry” on the memo line of your check and mail it to the church office or place it in the offering plate. If you would like to make a food donation, Please Note:
- Non-Perishable FOOD Only
- NO Food with expired dates on the packages.
- Donate the quality of food you would serve to your own family.
Food Pantry Schedule
Hours: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Clients should bring a picture ID. There is no specific residency requirement.
December: Food Distribution 1st & 3rd Saturdays (December 3 and 17)
Our Beyond Hunger / Pantry-plus initiative recognizes that necessary household expenses like hygiene products (for all ages, including diapers and incontinence supplies) and school supplies reduce the funds available for nutrition. Your ongoing financial support of Pantry-Plus enables all of these ministries.
In 2019 we began the distribution / offering of elder care products (Ensure protein drinks and several kinds of incontinence products) to our Pantry clients.
Food Pantry Always Needs
The pantry is always in need of donations of pasta, dried beans, canned fruits and vegetables, and shelf-stable milk.
Your monetary contributions are also appreciated.
We shop at Feeding Westchester where a dollar will buy more food than you can imagine, thanks to government and corporate donations. You can easily give electronically, and use the “Food Pantry Plus” line, or you can write “Food Pantry” on the memo line of your check and use the offering plate.