Important Update, because of concerns about COVID-19
- We are holding our pantry distribution outside with a drive-through hands-free model for everyone’s safety
- All volunteers will wear gloves and masks
- We are suspending the full-choice (shopping) model until further notice. Clients will be offered an A, B or both bags, depending on family size
- We are taking health precautions seriously.
- We are changing our start time to 8am for the time beingWhile it is not optimal going back to bagged food offerings, we are very concerned for the health of our volunteers, clients and everyone who walks in the church’s hallways.We are veru grateful for Item of the Month food donations to fill gaps in our ability to offer balanced food choices to our clients. You can also easily give electronically, and use the “Food Pantry Plus” line, or you can write “Food Pantry” on the memo line of your check and mail it to the church office.
The Church operates a “full-choice” food pantry on two Saturday mornings each month, usually on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month. Adults and teenagers are invited to join us at 8am to help organize the food, help clients choose, and help recipients carry bags to their cars.
Clients should bring a picture ID. There is no specific residency requirement.
2020 Food Pantry Dates
Hours: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
December: Food Distribution 1st & 3rd Saturdays (December 5 & 19) from 9am-11am
Toys for Tots Distribution on December 12. (No food on December 12)
In case of bad weather, please check WHUD or www.FPCYorktown.org
Our Beyond Hunger / Pantry-plus initiative recognizes that necessary household expenses like hygiene products (for all ages, including diapers and incontinence supplies) and school supplies reduce the funds available for nutrition. Your ongoing financial support of Pantry-Plus enables all of these ministries.
We have begun the distribution / offering of elder care products (Ensure protein drinks and several kinds of incontinence products) to our Pantry clients, as well as to our Beaver Ridge delivery clients. We have begun providing food and elder care supplies to the Wynwood Oaks facility in Shrub Oak as well, enabled by partnership with the Senior Nutrition Center in Yorktown and a grant from the Field Hall Foundation.
Food Pantry Always Needs
The pantry is always in need of donations of pasta, dried beans, canned fruits and vegetables, and shelf-stable milk.
Your monetary contributions are also appreciated.
We shop at Feeding Westchester where a dollar will buy more food than you can imagine, thanks to government and corporate donations. We have a matching Trust Fund that will double the effectiveness of every dollar we donate to the Food Pantry. Let’s make good use of this wonderful gift. You can easily give electronically, and use the “Food Pantry Plus” line, or you can write “Food Pantry” on the memo line of your check and use the offering plate.