Sometimes it is hard to remember everything that happened in a calendar year. That is certainly true for the Capital Campaign! In 2021, we have:
- repaved the parking lots and created handicap spaces in the back
- installed lighting in the large parking lot
- installed new boilers and heat pumps in the office, gathering space, sanctuary and library
- installed door openers on the Gathering Space doors
- created a new banner closet (soon to be a full worship storage area) from the coat closet
- installed new cameras, lighting, sound equipment and cameras in the Sanctuary
- begun the renovation of the kitchen
- completed the renovation of the preschool rooms (to create a new larger education room and to consolidate food pantry storage) and the new larger youth room
- created a youth director office and renovated the office manager and financial/volunteer space in the office (and as a reminder, the campaign began with solar panels and back entrance work two years ago).
Much of this work has been done by our Caretaker, Jim Gerth, as well as a stalwart team of volunteers (Dick Seymour, Jerry Amato, Bud Coccodrilli, Skip Mahncke and Matt Hager). We are so grateful for their talents and devotion! The Capital Campaign draws to a close (financially) on December 31, 2021, although our physical work will likely spill into 2022. We still have exciting projects in front of us, particularly to complete the kitchen and the accessibility work throughout the building.
We are counting on the fulfillment of outstanding pledges to carry us through the rest of this work… and if our accomplishments have touched your heart, we would of course welcome additional support! If you have made a pledge, but still have a balance, or if you did not pledge but wish to make a one-time gift, you can do so at your convenience.
~The Capital Campaign Project Management Team