Youth Ministry Mission and Values
See Recent News about our Youth activities.
The youth ministry of FPCY invites our youth and their friends into a welcoming and vibrant community that
- Surrounds youth with an unconditional love that fosters genuine relationships;
- Engages youth in the joys and traditions of the Christian faith;
- Energizes youth to extend the love of Christ to the world.
What We Value
- Grace. God’s greatest gift to us, is the foundation of all we do and strive to be.
- Growth. Our covenant with youth begins at baptism and grows throughout their lives; we support and encourage our youth as they grow their faith in God, their relationships with the church, and with each other.
- Trust. We provide our youth with a nurturing and safe environment enabling them the opportunity for honest expression and inviting their questions and opinions in a non-judgmental way.
- Joy. We live a faith that shows our love of life, our delight in God as our strength and our desire that others know this faith with us.
- Service. We seek to discover and express our faith through service to our community. By helping others we learn more about ourselves and our relationship with God and those around us.
- Community. We embrace our youth as vital members of a dynamic body, integrating them in the life and work of the Church as we also seek to know them as individuals.
Sunday school and confirmation is available to youth through 12th grade.