During the programmatic year (mid-September to mid-June) the middle school and high school youth groups generally meet twice a month. Stay tuned for the back-in-person plans for September.
See previous posts on our Youth activities.
Youth Ministry Mission and Values
The youth ministry of FPCY invites our youth and their friends into a welcoming and vibrant community that
- Surrounds youth with an unconditional love that fosters genuine relationships;
- Engages youth in the joys and traditions of the Christian faith;
- Energizes youth to extend the love of Christ to the world.
What We Value
- Grace. God’s greatest gift to us, is the foundation of all we do and strive to be.
- Growth. Our covenant with youth begins at baptism and grows throughout their lives; we support and encourage our youth as they grow their faith in God, their relationships with the church, and with each other.
- Trust. We provide our youth with a nurturing and safe environment enabling them the opportunity for honest expression and inviting their questions and opinions in a non-judgmental way.
- Joy. We live a faith that shows our love of life, our delight in God as our strength and our desire that others know this faith with us.
- Service. We seek to discover and express our faith through service to our community. By helping others we learn more about ourselves and our relationship with God and those around us.
- Community. We embrace our youth as vital members of a dynamic body, integrating them in the life and work of the Church as we also seek to know them as individuals.