Although it feels like we just celebrated Easter, summer is right around the corner. Before summer comes, however, we are spending much of May and June celebrating all the ways we have grown in our faith and discipleship over the last program year – through Confirmation, women and men of the church, adult education, and Sunday School and youth groups. So many have worked so hard, and we are so grateful for their faithful service in the faith formation of our children, youth and adults! As we reflect on and celebrate these important ministries, consider how God may be calling you to grow in your faith, either by participating yourself or volunteering to help.
As we move into summer, many of us are looking forward to this season of sunshine and relaxed schedules, holidays and picnics. Whether you’re planning a vacation or a staycation we hope your summer plans include some Sabbath rest. As we learned during Lent, we all need rest and time to reconnect with God and the important things in life. As you make your summer plans, how will you connect with God, your family and friends, and the beauty of God’s creation? Following our four theme words from Lent, how will you create opportunities to stop, rest, embrace and feast on God’s goodness and blessings to you?
Here are some summer Sabbath suggestions:
- Worship with us Sunday mornings at 10:00 am, starting June 11 through September 3.
- Walk our new labyrinth and discover this wonderful way to relax, meditate, pray and reconnect with your spirit and God.
- Try a new discipline of daily prayer. A great resource for this is Earth Gospel: A Guide to Prayer for God’s Creation (available in the church office for $7).
- Volunteer at the Food Pantry on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays and check out our new full choice model. Because our regular volunteers go on vacation too, we can use your extra help.
- Stop by or help out at Vacation Bible School (July 10-14 @ St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church) and find out your God-given superpower at Hero Central.
- Pray for our teens and adults who will be traveling to Maryland and the Dominican Republic on our mission trips in July and August.
As spring turns to summer, may God bless you with rest and rejuvenate your faith, that we may continue to serve God together in joy and gratitude.
See you in church,