Renewed by our Sabbath journey through Lent, we are now celebrating the good news of Jesus’ resurrection and the new life this Easter season. An amazing array of beauty and growth is springing forth all around us! From fragrant flowers and budding trees, to singing birds and industrious critters, life is emerging everywhere and filling the world with song and new life.
In addition to the beautiful flowers and trees on our property, new life is blooming at FPCY too!
- On April 23rd, we dedicated our new Labyrinth to the spiritual growth and sustenance of our church and community, as we welcome any and all to experience this ancient form of walking prayer and meditation. Many thanks to everyone who contributed their time, talent and treasure to create such a beautiful space in which to experience God’s presence and seek God’s guidance for living.
- We are the in midst of a Baptism Bonanza this spring (celebrating this joyful sacrament of new life 7 times in 3 months!), as we welcome these children and youth into our church family and pledge our love and support to them and their families as they continue to grow in faith.
- On May 7th, we welcomed 10 Confirmation Students into the membership of our church and celebrated their commitment to a life of following Jesus Christ in the world. Many thanks to our Confirmation teachers – Gordon Braudaway, Pam Darreff, Ellen Miles and Chip Low – for accompanying these young people on this important stage in their faith journey.
- On May 14th, we celebrate the Women of the Church and remember our foremothers in faith whose love and guidance have helped us grow into the people and disciples God calls us to be.
- Just as our children and youth have been growing in faith all year long, so have our adults. On May 21st, we’ll hear from participants in our many Adult Education programs about how their faith continues to break new ground and grow in new directions. May 21st is also Legacy Sunday, a time to reflect on the many ways we can continue to love and serve God through this faith community.
- On June 4th, we celebrate Pentecost, the day the Holy Spirit blew through that ragtag band of Jesus’ disciples and birthed the church, the Body of Christ in the world. Don’t forget to wear something RED to church. Growth often brings change and transition, and so we also celebrate Lisa Eliasson’s service to our church as YPP Director and Lisa and Gary’s ministry among us as they move to North Carolina this summer.
- Our children and youth will lead us in Children’s Day worship as we move to one service at 10:00am on June 11 and celebrate the faith and commitment of all those involved in our children’s and youth programs.
- Finally, on June 18, we will celebrate our Graduates and honor the Men of the Church who have been fathers in faith to us.
Throughout this wonderful season of new life, may we be open to the Spirit’s presence in our lives, whether it comes as a gentle spring rain or a thirst-quenching downpour. As we worship and serve God together, may we growth and blossom under the Son’s rays of love, grace and peace.
See you in church, Tami