YPP Educational Goals
At the Yorktown Presbyterian Preschool we strive to achieve several educational goals:
- To develop happy, self-confident children in a child-centered program.
- To provide a warm, relaxed atmosphere in which children can grow and learn naturally as individuals.
- To encourage children to learn to play and share together.
- To help each child feel comfortable in the classroom setting, and with an adult other than his or her parent.
- To stimulate the growth of imagination and creativity.
- To provide a balanced, developmentally appropriate program of social and readiness activities.
- To encourage parents to share in their children’s education.