Our Church School welcomes children every Sunday morning, preschoolers through teenage youth. We aim to nurture the individual faith journeys of each child. With our curriculum, Spark: Activate Faith, Connect, and Re:form, we offer age appropriate content for preschoolers, elementary kids, middle school kids and high school youth.
- Preschoolers will become familiar with Bible stories and understand their basic meaning.
- Elementary kids will comprehend Bible stories, identify with characters, and apply faith-based action to their own lives.
- Middle school kids/pre-teens will engage in God’s word through DVDs, Bible exploration, and with hands-on projects.
- Youth will be empowered and engaged with humor, imaginative Biblical experiences, discussion of hot topics and will receive honest answers to faith questions.
- Sunday morning Schedule 9:30am to 10:30am:
- Preschool: meet in Sanctuary for a 15 minute Gathering time (prayer, worship, lesson, passing of peace, joys and concerns, and offering). Then Shepherds lead the children to the Preschool Room for a lesson, play, art, and snack.
- Kindergarten through 4th Grade: meet in the Sanctuary for a 15 minute Gathering time (prayer, worship, lesson, passing of peace, joys and concerns, and offering). Shepherds then lead children to their rotation workshop: either Art Room 1, Science Room 3, Cooking in the kitchen, or Bible Skills and Games Room 17.
- 5th/6th Grades: meet at 9:30am in Room 16 for their “Connect” workshop.
- Re:form” workshop meets at 9:30 am in Room 4 for 7th through 12th grade
- Middle School Youth Group (typically) meets twice a month from 4:30-6pm and High School Youth Group (typically) meets twice a month from 6-7:30pm.
- Our Confirmation Class meets in Room 9 at 9:30 on Sunday mornings. Confirmation is a one year program of exploration and discernment in our Reformed Faith tradition and is open to students in 9th grade and above. The class culminates with Confirmation Sunday in May, when students who desire it are received into membership of the Church.
Check the church calendar for the most up-to-date information on the church school calendar
We welcome parents and children from many faith backgrounds, and follow the example of Christ who loved children. Our goal is to nurture an awareness of God’s love and grace, peace and justice, call and discipleship in children of all ages to sustain them through the joys and concerns of life and to join God’s mission to the larger world, reaching out to poverty stricken areas in other parts of the U.S. and across the globe. Come and join us as we grow together in faith.